Sunday, February 13, 2011

I have a love for photography...

I don't think that I ever thought I would like taking pictures...but I sure do now! It helps that I have a SWEET camera that does most of the work for me! My favorites so far are children! How can someone not love the innocence of a child!? I love babies...toddlers...and lately the thought of taking more senior portraits has become kind of exciting! I have learned a few things about photography in my short, short time...and I would like to share!

Follow your own style...trends don't work
Most people like getting their photo taken...most
Always bring your camera with you everywhere you go.
Seriously...EVERYWHERE!
Don’t take photos...tell stories
Look for the beauty in the mundane
Take photos that make people laugh
"The night is often more vivid than the day” – Van Gogh
Don’t worry about the camera so much...just take the photo
Candid looks are fabulous
Go for the shock factor
Smile often :)
Crouch when taking your shots, it often makes for more interesting photos.
Get close... Now take two steps closer...closer...
Go explore...serendipity is key

Now, as I am not a professional, bear with me as I start this new series of photos...
I am going to start posting pictures according to different themes that I choose.

I figured that since I am a teacher my first series of photos should be the ABC's. A is for...B is for... Sounds like an easy task, right? We will see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment