Sunday, August 14, 2011

R is for...REVAMP MY SWEATER!!!

R is for...Revamp my sweater

I recently found this super cute sweater for Olivia at a thrift store in International Falls.

It was a great buy at .50 cents. Couldn't pass it up! However, it was boring and lacking something. So, I decided to use a few ideas that I recently read on my friend Sarah's blog. Check it out: http://szymczaks.blogspot.com/ She is not only a great person, but an amazing mommy!

My first step was to remove the zipper. It was old and the color was starting to come off.

Much, much better already!

Then, I got to play around with colors. This sweater reminded me of the fall...so many different colors of felt to choose from! And what a great time of year - there is nothing better than the brilliant colors of leaves on the trees !

I then had to come up with a pattern for the owls that I planned to use on Livi's sweater. I am not artistic. At all. However, after multiple attempts, I won!! Or at least I think I did! :)

 

I pinned my patterns on to the felt and cut away!


I think he turned out okay...



Sitting on the tree branch I also added to her sweater


As Carter calls him "the big daddy owl" on the back

Okay. So...I also learned a lesson. After breaking 3 needles, this project was meant to be done by hand. What should have been a quick thing took me FOREVER. But, in the end it all worked out and I ended up with a very, very pleased little girl who is excited to wear her sweater with a jean skirt, brown tights, cowboy boots and a white shirt. Yes, she is her mommy's child. :)
Tomorrow, I am making matching hair clips. I am completely in love with the owl!

Why not revamp your clothes...saves a ton of money...and way cute!!


And, it's a little big...so she can grow into it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it - so very, very sweet!! And the orange...I love the orange - such an awesome color! I wonder why your needles kept breaking - how frustrating for you! Glad you were able to hand sew it and make it work. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete